Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Preparing the applique for one block


I think I will try to finish at least one block a month. I still have 6 background blocks to put together. As I worked out earlier they take 15 mins to do. So I will do a couple before doing an applique block each month.
As with all my quilts so far I will be putting the wadding on a block at a time so I can easily quilt each block.
I am going to use machine buttonhole stitch and dark purple embroidery thread to go around the applique pieces.
Since my machine with the buttonhole stitch is in for service I have just done the sticking on this month. I put together one border strip and did two background blocks.
I have piles of this fabric on my table. I want to be able to see all the fabrics to choose from for the applique. I need a big box to store this WIP.



I feel like I am making good progress.


I will need to do a bit of block juggling before I finally sew them together so the fabrics are distributed evenly. Those dark strips should be mellowed a bit when the flower goes on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to one of my quilt blogs. Please leave a comment.