Sunday, May 1, 2016

Setting Goals Does Work


I have been doing a bit on my quilt every couple of days. I write it in on my 'To Do' list.

"Work on the quilt" is also written up on my vision board for April and I made a list of the steps I had to work through to get to the end result.

I crossed off each step on the list as I did it.

I cut out the second butterfly wing and the base of the watering can and fused them onto 7 blocks.

So far over the last week or two I have gone from a nearly blank block to a nearly fused block.
All I have to do now is the leaves and the bees. I will make a good start on that today.

My April goal was just to cut out more applique. I wasn't too specific because I didn't want to set myself up for failure.

When I broke down the job into small steps I included the last step of fusing it onto the block and I was determined to "cut out more applique" for all 7 blocks.

Next month I want to start doing the echo quilting on these blocks. Then there are 8 more blocks to finish.

Happy Quilting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to one of my quilt blogs. Please leave a comment.